Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Sep 19, 2006, 9:22 AM   #1

The camera I like is not available in my area. Could anyone tell me any on line retailers they have had good or bad experiences with lately. Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
seusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2006, 9:42 AM   #2

seusa wrote:
Quote:
The camera I like is not available in my area. Could anyone tell me any on line retailers they have had good or bad experiences with lately. Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
beachcamera.com or buydig.com are both excellent to deal with. They have great prices and service and they ship FAST. They are also "Authorized Dealers" for many of the brands they sell. Both sites are run by the same company.
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 9:45 AM   #3

I've had a real good experience with Butterfly Photo. Prices as advertised, no pressure to buy accessories, fast delivery, items in stock. Good luck!
demps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:15 AM   #4

I bought my RebelXT and several lenses and a flash attachment from B&H. Great service, good price (maybe not the absolute lowest, but good). Highly recommend them.
GeorgeNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:35 AM   #5

Another vote for beachcamera and buydig. Fast, free shipping (no need to request expedited shipping, they ship same or next day via FedEx regardless of what you request for shipping).

JeanneB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:38 AM   #6

Thanks for the info. I am wanting to buy a Sony and I noticed that beachcamera and buydig do not carry Sony.:sad:
Old Sep 19, 2006, 1:58 PM   #7

B&H is excellent. Best sellection, best reputation. They may not always be the cheapest, but it is worry free.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 2:23 PM   #8

I agree with all of the above. I've used everyone suggested so far. B&H is always my first choice and I buy mostly from them now since I'm buying primarily higher end lenses and such. But for digicams and small cost items all of the above have provided a good experience for me.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 3:01 PM   #9

Those of you who have purchased your camera from an on line retailer, have you purchased the extended warranty?
Old Sep 19, 2006, 6:43 PM   #10

seusa wrote:
Quote:
Those of you who have purchased your camera from an on line retailer, have you purchased the extended warranty?
always purchase extended warranty because you never what could happen to your camera...........

shooting_rubber.

shooting_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote