Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jun 5, 2003, 8:54 AM   #1

Default Help (and fast, please)!

I’m having a problem choosing between three cameras: Nikon Coolpix 3100, Canon PowerShot A70, and the new Panasonic DMC-LC33. I just want to take good quality pictures (macro ones also). I like that Nikon is smaller, but on the other hand Canon has more features, and Panasonic aparantly has a great lense (leica). All these cameras currently have the same price, where I’m going to buy them, so money is not an issue. However, I have to decide today because the store only has two Canons and two Nikons left and can only put them away for me for a few hours.

I had acually first decided on the Canon, but then when my local store didn’t have it (neither did any other store) I decided for the Nikon. When I went to buy the Nikon they said that they had gotten a new Panasonic camera with a great lense. Since the Panasonic is so new I can’t find any reviews of it. Please help (and fast)!
sandra11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 6, 2003, 12:38 AM   #2

Well, this place was no help what so ever
Thanx a lot
sandra11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2003, 12:48 AM   #3

You might find that's because we tend to see the same thread over and over again ... Nikon 3100 vs Canaon A70 .. .it never seems to end.

Simple rule ... decide what you want froma cam and choose the one with those features ina price you can afford.

Or toss a coin.
Alfisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2003, 8:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandra11
Well, this place was no help what so ever
Thanx a lot
Well, have you read the reviews here and at other sites?
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2003, 9:46 PM   #5

[co
lor=orange][/color]
I read alot of reveiws. I decided on the canon a70.I have been shopping for a camera since Dec. I bought a kodak 4330 for christmas and took it back because the pictures were so bad.I have had this canon for about 5 days and I love it.I still have alot more trying out to do. I bought it at BUYDIG.COM. I paid $279 and no shipping. A great company: I received the camera in 3 days. :lol:
Tweety14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2003, 12:06 AM   #6

Sandra, I posted in at least 3 of these canon vs nikon threads last week, how 'bout looking around the forum and waiting a day before snapping at us? Just a thought. . .
ardvark50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2003, 11:33 AM   #7

Exactly, the ppl here are very friendly. And some of us might work during the day. In my time zone you posted at 754am and again at 1134.