Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 6, 2006, 4:27 AM   #1

Samsung L60 (Black)

I just got this camera off amazon.com and everything work fine until I try to upload picture to computer. The screen on the camera would say connecting to computer then shows USB error. Anybody encounter this problem? I tried restarting camera and computer. I also tried taking working with and without my SD memory card. Please help!
Mixelplux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2006, 7:39 AM   #2

Do you have a USB 2.0 driver on your computer?
MichelleBuerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2006, 4:43 PM   #3

Try another USB device in the port. If you are using a USB hub or one of the front ports try one in the back directly from the computer and not through a hub.

Also go to Device Manager and make sure there are no yellow exclamation marks next to USB.

What operating system?
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2006, 6:49 AM   #4

Yes I have USB 2.0 and im using Window XP Pro
Mixelplux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 2:19 PM   #5

Did you install the device driver and software for the camera? What kind of camera is it?

Alternatively, you can use an USB SD memory card reader to get the pictures off your SD card.
dr_spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 3:03 PM   #6

If you are using XP, anytime you plug in a device through a USB port, regardless of whether you have installed a device driver or software, the computer should recognize it, and you should get a popup window, asking what do you want to do...if you have installed the camera software, that will be one of the choices. If you are not getting a popup window when you plug in your camera's USB connector, one of the following is wrong:

1. There is a problem with your computer...it is not recognizing new hardware.
2. There is a problem with the computer's USB port.
3. There is a problem with the USB cable.
4. There is a problem with the camera.

Things to check/try.

1. Go to "my computer"...note how many drives are listed. Now, plug in your camera...Did you gain another drive in "my computer? If so, double click on it, and your pictures should be there. If not...
2. Plug your camera into another USB port on your computer...any change? If not...
3. Plug your camera into another computer (at work, friend's, etc.), one that you know recognizes a camera. Does the computer recognize it? If not...
4. Try to find another USB cable (one that you know works) that fits your camera and plug that into the alternate computer - does it work? If not, the problem lies with your camera.

Good luck.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote