Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 10, 2006, 3:38 PM   #1

Hello,
yesterday I went up to NewYork city to get some pictures of the tree and all the beautiful store-front displays. I used my new contax t3 (a film camera, but this question still aplies to this forum). My problem is that most of my pictures came out looking very grey and flat. The exposure was set after the focus and uses a 2-part external light meter with SPD element, whatever that means. I'm pretty sure it is a partial spot meter since there is a circle at the center of the viewfinder which usually indicates just that. I was using iso 800 and was in aperture priority mode at f/2.8. The bellow pictures should give you an idea of my confunsion. What went wrong with the first pic? Thanks for any help!
-Justin
Attached Images

JDoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 10, 2006, 6:27 PM   #2

Since you are asking a question about a camera I doubt any of us own, you would be better off asking in a Contax forum. I'm not trying to sound flippant, but since you're the one with the camera manual, it might help you to look up and understand whatever the SPD metering is & how it works.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 10:56 PM   #3

Right, sorry, I was just thinking this was a common problem. I've seen it happen before (particularly with cheap disposable cameras.) At first I was thinking thinking that the meter exposed for the sky, which would explain why it was grey, however I'd imagine that would then make the highlights overexposed. At any rate I am looking for the manual as well as a more aplicable forum. Thanks for the consideration.
JDoran is offline   Reply With Quote