Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jan 1, 2007, 2:21 PM   #11

Message for moderators - first of all - in my oppinion this thread should not have been moved from "What camera should I buy" forum to flippedgazelle - similar cats huh ... and a nice shot too.

as for the lighting quastion - I would say usually the incandescent light is a bit warmer then represented on the shots and where high ISO was used with shutter speed of 60 more ambient light got into the camera, other other shots where light is cooler it means that there is more light from the flash. But all in all - I'd say the images represent the light pretty well.
O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2007, 2:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Message for moderators - first of all - in my oppinion this thread should not have been moved from "What camera should I buy" forum to flippedgazelle - similar cats huh ... and a nice shot too. as for the lighting quastion - I would say usually the incandescent light is a bit warmer then represented on the shots and where high ISO was used with shutter speed of 60 more ambient light got into the camera, other other shots where light is cooler it means that there is more light from the flash. But all in all - I'd say the images represent the light pretty well.
Yeah, I thought it would be more beneficial to post where newbies could better see the example photos, *especially* after you posted your examples so fence-sitters could get an idea of the quality leap. I know many don't explore the other areas of the forum. Oh, well.

BTW, I love that last picture in your first post. Do you remember what was enthralling that little girl so? You definitely captured the moment. I also really like the shot of the Calico with here left hand splayed. Actually, I like all your pics. :-)

Thanks for the answer regarding the lighting. If necessary, it's always easy to add a littel warmth to a photo while image-editing.
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2007, 3:55 PM   #13

edited out
Old Jan 1, 2007, 6:34 PM   #14

O.S. wrote:
Quote:
Message for moderators - first of all - in my oppinion this thread should not have been moved from "What camera should I buy forum to
Right...now that it's a cat thread, it's in the Newbie Forum. It was originally moved because the "What Camera Should I Buy" Forum is for just that.....questions about what camera to buy. I understand the point of the post, but with 5 images attached to it makes it pretty cumbersome for a question Forum.
Old Jan 1, 2007, 7:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Right...now that it's a cat thread, it's in the Newbie Forum. It was originally moved because the "What Camera Should I Buy" Forum is for just that.....questions about what camera to buy. I understand the point of the post, but with 5 images attached to it makes it pretty cumbersome for a question Forum.
Kalypso, sorry for our capriciousness... :|

I guess since we are posting pictures of cats we are officially noobs.

The girl and the cat in your portrait, O.S., are real dolls! Gotta Photoshop that handle out of there...

Old Jan 1, 2007, 8:03 PM   #16

the door knob!!! I know .. ... I never even thought twice about it before .

anyway .... I saw you are a cat lover tho I thought you'd appreciate a good cat pic ...

Old Jan 1, 2007, 9:50 PM   #17

awesome!
best quality from a point'nshooter by far (the r1 is excluded).
i myself use slrs but one of my friends has the s6500fd and was amazed with what that little baby can do.
great release from fuji!
zygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 12:01 PM   #18

removed per request
Old Jan 2, 2007, 3:18 PM   #19

Old Jan 10, 2007, 9:09 PM   #20

OS - those cat pictures are abosoluteyl beautiful. How much set up time and trial and error time did it take to get such sharp and pretty pics?
minty70 is offline   Reply With Quote