Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jul 17, 2002, 12:01 PM   #1

Default Canon A40 vs. Fuji FinePix 2800

I'm looking for my first digital camera and would like some opinions. I'm willing to spend around $300 for the camera and up to $100 for extra batteries/accessories. These two cameras received good reviews on this web site but I can't decide which one to get. Is the Fuji outdated and that's why it's price has dropped so low? It has 6x zoom which I really like. I just bought a decent printer, so I'll be making some printed pictures but just for around the house or on the fridge. Thanks for any suggestions.

Eric
ike2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 17, 2002, 1:02 PM   #2

Default oh well.........

i broke down and bought the fuji finepix 2800...... i hope i like it
Old Jul 20, 2002, 5:38 PM   #3

Default Well -

How do you like it and where did you get it?
mwpslb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2002, 10:40 AM   #4

Default my review

I bought the camera from http://www.beachcamera.com , but found them through http://www.mysimon.com
because they offered the lowest price with the highest merchant rating. The camera was shipped very quickly and everything was present in the box. As far as the camera goes, I really like it. It is smaller than I had anticipated which is good. The 6x optical zoom is definitely a nice feature. The only negative I have about the camera is the zoom toggle should be somewhere in the front of the camera so, when you are using the view finder, you have easier access to the zoom (it's located on the back of the camera). And finally, the picture quality is excellent. I haven't taken a whole lot of pictures yet, but my sample photos have turned out excellent. I would recommend this camera to anyone who is looking for a mid-range camera for basic point and shoot photography. The 6x zoom is what sold me and I'm glad I bought this model.

Eric