Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jul 17, 2002, 5:12 PM   #1

Default Digital camera for eBay & email

Hi--I am looking to upgrade to a digital camera with enough megapixels to post quality photos on eBay or to attach quality photos to email. Nothing fancy beyond that. I previously used a 1.3 megapixel Canon Powershot, but have no fealty to Canon. Looking to spend less than $400, if possible.Thanks for your input
dartmouthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2002, 7:46 AM   #2

I'd have guessed that a 1.3 Mpixel camera would have been good enough for ebay and e-mail.

What specific things do you feel your current camera is lacking for those uses? That kind of a list will go a long ways toward specifying which digicam is likely to suit you.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2002, 6:25 PM   #3

I've got a Canon powershot A10 that is perfectly suited to that kind of work. You can probably find one on eBay at a bargain price as the 2mp A40 is selling for less than $300. Mine still gets a lot of use even though I have a Dimage 7 also.
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2002, 3:33 PM   #4

I want a camera with 2-3 megapixels for improved quality. According to Canon, the A10 is not compatible with WIN XP.
dartmouthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2002, 7:35 PM   #5

The camera doesn't have to be compatible with an operating system. Get a $30 CF memory card reader which is and plug in your memory card after a day's shooting.
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2002, 12:42 PM   #6
lg

IMHO, the best camera you can buy for taking closeups of Ebay items and general E-mail snapshots is the Olympus C-2100. You should be able to pick one up for $400 now. The flash metering system is far superior to other cameras I have used, and doesn't wash out macro photos. I haven't seen another camera in that price range that takes as sharp and properly exposed pics, either.

I also agree with padeye, you should get a card reader; mine works great with XP.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote