Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jul 24, 2003, 2:22 PM   #1
Roy

Default I love the Zoom/MP of the Oly C-750, should I buy it??

It seems that I am at a dead end. My wife wants a camera that can take action shots of animals running/flying, sports etc......I have been seriously looking at the Oly C-750. I have been told that this camera does not have IS and that would be a must for these types of photos.

I want the high zoom and the high MP of the C-750. Does anyone have any recommendations.

Also, does anyone know how many pictures can be stored on the memory card for the 750??

Thanks.

Roy
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 25, 2003, 1:29 AM   #2

Well, from what I've seen the only way to get high mp and a stabilized zoom is buying a dslr. So if you really want both the built in zoom and the high megapixel count, go for the 750. As to your second question about how many photos the memory card can take, that depends on the card size and quality and resolution shot at. There is a chart with the number of pictures the included card can take at http://dcresource.com/reviews/olympu...ew/index.shtml.
ardvark50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2003, 6:46 AM   #3

I have just settled for a C750, but for still wildlife shots. I'm going to have a shop around on the weekend for the best prices.
Bigwigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2003, 1:37 PM   #4

Good choice. I've looked at the pictures from the 750 and they are much better than the 730. Less noise and less CAs.

Try these for good prices:

www.sherwoods-photo.co.uk

www.ukdigital.co.uk

I've used both and they're good.
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2003, 3:42 AM   #5

Thanks Steve, I had a good look around on Saturday and 380 for the C750 Ultra zoom seems about the best price that i'm going to get it for. Buying on Wednesday!
Bigwigg is offline   Reply With Quote