Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Aug 6, 2003, 7:33 AM   #21

A simple optical loupe on an LCD can help with day-time shots, but it doesn't make the LCD any more effective at night.
checklg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2003, 8:42 AM   #22
NHL

Quote:
A simple optical loupe on an LCD can help with day-time shots, but it doesn't make the LCD any more effective at night.
You can leave this accessory home! :lol: The D7/i/Hi EVF can be electronically magnified 4x for manual focusing, and it is pretty effective at that... See what Steve's has to say:

Quote:
The Digital Hyper Viewfinder provides photographers with clear images, even under bright light. With its reflective ferroelectric Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) viewfinder and a visual resolution equivalent to almost 220,000 pixels, it's the first time such a sophisticated optical device has been used on a high-resolution consumer SLR-type digital camera. The variable position viewfinder can be tilted up to 90 degrees for added flexibility and creativity in shooting. The Digital Hyper Viewfinder allows the photographer to simultaneously monitor the image and camera settings. And in low-light situations the viewfinder signal is amplified so you won't miss any important shots.

The DiMAGE 7i's 4x Electronic Magnification can enlarge the central area of the image in the viewfinder during manual focusing - an important feature when image sharpness is critical, especially with close-up photography.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_.../dimage7i.html
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote