Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Aug 11, 2003, 3:40 PM   #1

Default Optio S v Canon SD100

I would be very grateful for some advice. I am in the market for my first digital camera, and would like one that is:
a) compact
b) produces reasonable quality pictures
c) suitable for a wide range of uses

I have been considering the Pentax Optio S, the Canon PowerShot SD100 and the Fujifilm FinePix F410.

I am bewildered by conflicting reviews! Please help!!
english chap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 12, 2003, 10:47 AM   #2
PJV

I am also new here and was wondering about the same camera's. I am very interested in the SD100, and I just can't stand the yellow cast my Minolta S404 tends to make. Anyone with an opinion please let us know!
PJV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2003, 9:31 PM   #3

I tried the Pentax S in my current search. This is a fine camera, ready for first shot fast however there is no buffer so it must write the picture to memory before you can take your second shot so you better get it right hte first time.

I am currently trying to decide beyween the Sony PC10 and Canon S400, I think the Canon takes better pictures, clearer and truer color at 4 MPixel vs the Sony at 5 MPixel. Also I have read the memory stick is slower to write to than the compact flash. In successive pictures, the Canon is faster.

Good luck.
DougP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2003, 10:25 PM   #4
PJV

Thank you very much for your input. I am now tossing and turning over the Canon SD100 or S400. I do little more than point and shoot, and like the very impressive movies the SD100 takes, but hate the slow and expensive SD memory. Thanks again.
PJV is offline   Reply With Quote