Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jul 29, 2007, 10:09 AM   #1

Hello everybody, I am arup. I bought a canon A750i digicam. I am wondering that how to put the date stamp onto the image itself.
And one more thing, when i am taking a snap at the night mode the picture is getting blurred as one of my friend was experimenting with the shtter speed. Previously it all was ok.

Can u people help me out from these two things??????
patraarup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:07 AM   #2

On the issue of your friend changing something in your camera's setup, most digital cameras have a menu option to restore the default settings. If you read your manual, you will probably find that there is such an option on your camera. Try selecting that option.

tclune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:53 AM   #3

Welcome to this beautiful site, Steves Digicams.

The answer to your question #1, If you go to the menu you could set different setting. You could choose among them the one that you would like to have it.

The answer to your question #2, most of compact digital camera are not able to get a good image because of lack light at night. You could take image in a well lit place and it would be helpful to use a tripod.
kombizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:29 AM   #4

Thank you for your kind reply. I will be buch more helpful if you tell me how best I can use the camera shutter speed as I am very much new to these photography field. I am having Canon powershot 710IS.

Thank U
patraarup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:00 PM   #5

patraarup wrote:
Quote:
Thank you for your kind reply. I will be buch more helpful if you tell me how best I can use the camera shutter speed as I am very much new to these photography field. I am having Canon powershot 710IS.

Thank U
A forum can answer specific question, even fairly complex technical question but "How best to use shutter speed." is asking for a course in photography. A forum is not well suited for course presentation.

Here arethree URLs that may provide the information you are seeking or help in formulating more specific questions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shutter_speed

http://digital-photography-school.co...shutter-speed/

http://www.digicamguides.com/learn/shutter-speed.html
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote