Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Aug 19, 2003, 6:15 AM   #1
UKJ

Default Help me URGENTLY please!!!!!

I am sorry if there are too many of these sort of posts but hey, i'll give it a go.

I want at least
3 megapixels
3X optical zoom
movie mode (i dunno why!!)
USB
Watchable on TV
Continuous shooting (to take pictures at football matches; is that the right feature??)

Like the look of the Olympus Mju 400 but from reading the reviews and this forum perhaps the Canon A70 would be better.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
UKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2003, 6:39 AM   #2

I have am A70 atm and it is amazing! the A70 can do 2.2 pics per second and i dont think there is a limit on how many you can take at once, from what ive read the Olympus Mju 400 can only do 1 pic per second and only up to 4 pics! Memory for the A70 is cheaper too, although its not a 4MP camera.

oh A70 also has all of above points and has alot more controlable things if needed.
Jayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2003, 6:47 AM   #3
UKJ

Thanks for your reply,
I then extend the question,
As well as what i have already stated, how much of a difference is 3.2M Pixels from 4M???
Talking of difference between A70 and Muju 400. Is that a decisive factor??
Which shall i buy??????? (in your opinions!!)
Old Aug 19, 2003, 7:52 AM   #4

Don't worry too much about the difference between 3.2 and 4MP, in my opinion it's not great enough to be a deciding factor on a camera. Anyone that is going to find the extra pixels that important should probably look at a 5 or 6 MP camera.

Given that you say you want to take photos at football matches I'm going to suggest that you look for a longer zoom than 3. Bearing in mind that you don't give us your budget, I'm going to suggest the following cameras to you:

An Olympus C-7xx Ultra Zoom would probably suit your needs well as they have a 10 zoom for a very reasonable price. The C-750 is the current flagship in this range, but the C-740 is also very good camera. (As is the C-730 if they are still available)

Fuji also offer a couple of cameras that you may like took into - namely the S304 and the S602. Both of these have a 6 zoom.
Eddie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2003, 8:30 AM   #5
UKJ

Thanks for reply!
Now looking for optical Zoom of about X4?
Dont want anything TOO advanced like the Olympus C-750 (just looks too big and too expensive - could easily be stolen)
Found some great prices at Amazon so names of cameras would be very useful
Please reply ASAP
Thanks in advance
Old Aug 19, 2003, 10:19 AM   #6

UKJ,

I would recommend going to the dpreview buying guide here -> http://dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp and make your selections.

Todd
grinolot is offline   Reply With Quote