Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Aug 28, 2003, 9:25 AM   #1

Default Best 3mega camera canon a70 vs Fuji 3800 vs your recommend ?

Which is the better camera for picture quality and colour between the canon A70 and the fuji 3800 ? Can you recommend anything else?

Have you experienced any reliability issues and if so what customer service have you recieved from the manufacturer.

Its a first foot into the digital camera scene so your help is more than welcome.

Cheers skip
skip24ftlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2003, 3:22 PM   #2

It's kind of hard to compare the two cameras when, one has a lot more manual control (A70) and the other has a much longer zoom (3800). If you want to compare pictures, try doing what I did and browse through http://www.pbase.com
Do a search by camera and you can browse literally hundres of pics from each camera. To be honest with you, that was one of the ways I decided on my A70.
Ask yourself what you're going to do with the camera too. Would you rather have the full manual controls or the zoom? Which would you use more?

rgds,
Mark
mkoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2003, 8:36 AM   #3

Default Look at the Fuji S5000

Take a look at the Fuji S5000. See Steve's review at http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_...uji_s5000.html
rritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2003, 7:45 AM   #4

Skip, please consider the Minolta Dimage series. I use a dimage 5 which is in my humble opinion a very fine picture taking camera. On the down side it eats batteries, so use NimH 1800mA or more.
I have 3 sets of 4 NimH 1800mA which take me thru the day with some power to spare.
sinjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2003, 10:33 AM   #5

Take a look at the Minolta Dimage Z1 3.2mp, 10x Optical Zoom due out in a couple of weeks, Street $399. I've narrowed my search to this camera, looks pretty fast for shooting sports shots. Video looks clean too.

Good Luck.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote