Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Aug 28, 2003, 7:48 PM   #1

Default Tossed up between Nikon D100 & Canon 10D

First, I want to say this seems to be a great discussion board, and this is my first post. Seems as though there's alot of knowledgeable people here.
Now my dilema: I'm tossed up between buying the Nikon D100 or the Canon 10D. I've read the reviews and the pro's and cons pretty much are even between the 2 cameras. I have both a Nikon AND a Canon in 35mm so interchangeability isn't a factor either. I also have a Canon S30 digicam. I've been wanting to get a digital SLR for some time and they've finally come down to an affordable price. I've gotten more serious since I saw my friends 10D.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!!
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 28, 2003, 10:14 PM   #2

Default Dear Fireman Chris R.

Stop wasting your money on stupid football contests. You'll need it to buy extra lens in the future. Hey Cuz, great forum. Thanks for the heads up.
BScalise44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2003, 4:00 AM   #3

The 10D is a bit newer in design and features than the D100, but I believe them to be equally capable cameras. Only minor bugs exist between the two. Note the absence of a PC connector on the D100, the 10D has it on the body without requiring an external adapter like the AS-15. The 10D takes about 2 seconds to power up, the D100 is instant. The 10D has a better buffer management, the D100 can playback images a bit faster, and so on. You said you liked your friend's 10D, perhaps you could give a 10D a try, as it is something you are a bit more familiar. But if at all possible compare the two of them in a store prior to purchasing the camera you want.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2003, 10:39 AM   #4

Default Thanks Alberto

Thanks Alberto!! I appreciate the advise. My only problem in trying them both out is that none of the shops in my area can keep either in stock!! Hence, another dilema. :roll: I know that no matter which one I decide on, I'm going to order on-line. If I get the D100, I'll go with A&M Photoworld since they are the least expensive and I have the option of getting a "kit" package. If I go with the 10D I may get it at Digital Liquidators since they are the least expensive for the 10D.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote