Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Sep 4, 2003, 11:44 PM   #1

Default Canon Colors

Hi, I am considering a Canon G3 as my first digital camera. All the research I've done so far seems to find it to be a great camera. However, has anyone had issues with the Canon G3's rendetion of green in photos of well lit grass looking flourescent or cartoon like? I have been following a couple threads on other sites mentioning it, yet I never heard any of the professional reviews mention it. All said G3 colors were accurate in balance and saturation.
Thanks!
RobS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2003, 8:45 AM   #2

Well sometimes it does. Green is a weird color especially in Holland where i live.

Sometimes i have to turn down the (green color)
Still a professional analog photographer does the same in his darkroom.

You can take a look at my (green) pics at
http://www.mediabeeld.nl

Regards Ronald
Ronald de Grauw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2003, 9:14 AM   #3

Thanks Ronald,
I thought your photos looked very nice, with natural, if not intense, colors. About the only one that really approached what I am thinking of is the background in the portrait of the Asian boy. BTW, when I clicked on the individual photos to enlarge them, the bottom portion seemed to be cropped.
Rob
Old Sep 5, 2003, 9:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS10
Thanks Ronald,
I thought your photos looked very nice, with natural, if not intense, colors. About the only one that really approached what I am thinking of is the background in the portrait of the Asian boy. BTW, when I clicked on the individual photos to enlarge them, the bottom portion seemed to be cropped.
Rob

You mean you don't see the full photo? wich browser do you use?
screen settings must be 1024 x 768

You are right about the asian boy (BTW my son), to much green very bright light that day.

Sometimes life is hard to take good pics. ;-)
Old Sep 5, 2003, 10:06 AM   #5

I'm using MSN Explorer (a Windows Explorer shell) and 1024 X 768. There is just no bottom to the frames, no scroll down either.

BTW, since reading about this green issue, I have been looking at greens everywhere. I am surprised at how often grass actually does look that color, it's just the intensity or balance of it. Sony seems to have a worse problem. I don't want to unsaturate all the colors in certain pics, just that green. Maybe it's a white balance issue. Either way, I can probably live with it. I can always do a little fiddling with my computer.[/img]
Old Sep 10, 2003, 8:51 AM   #6

In the beginning when i had my camera a few days and saw the 'greens' on my screen everyday i could'nt wait for the fall or winter

Now it's raining for a few days here and i take my words back, I love greens and the summer :lol:

And the big-window problem you have, sorry i don't know.
Developing websites isn't easy with al those diffrent browsers and mouse-utilities outhere in the word!!

Regards, and let me see some pics when you bought your camera!

Ronald

Canon G3 Gallery
http://www.mediabeeld.nl