Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 19, 2007, 11:52 PM   #1

Hi People,

I recently purchased a digi-cam a Rhein DV7030C.

Thought it was great till I had problems with the settings.

According to the user manual certain settings such as the light and flash light settings are turned off as per the factory default settings. No problem here. However, you may only change or validate the change in setting "one time". After this I am unable to change from the no flash mode to any of the flash modes i.e. Flash on. Same in regards to the light.

This is riduculous if you are only able to change settings once or according to the manual "one time" as opposed to other settings as "always". This expensive camera in a way becomes useless as there are many other settings that can only be changed "one time" before they go back to the default setting.

Please provide advice. Maybe there is an option in the menu I'm missing and that I need to turn on so I can continously switch between different modes?

Thanks in advance for everyone's advice.
Bluejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 20, 2007, 8:00 AM   #2

I know nothing about that camera, but one thing to try is to remove the battery and leave it out untill the camera looses track of the date (with some cameras that could take several months, but a couple of days will deal with many). Typically, when the date is lost, any settings are also lost so the camera is reset to the factory default.

Though it is seriously odd for them to allow only one change so above might not work. Worth trying though - real unlikely to hurt anything.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 8:37 PM   #3

BillDrew wrote:
Quote:
I know nothing about that camera, but one thing to try is to remove the battery and leave it out untill the camera looses track of the date (with some cameras that could take several months, but a couple of days will deal with many). Typically, when the date is lost, any settings are also lost so the camera is reset to the factory default.
Bill, the way I read this, is that Blujack can make a change to the settings, but it is only valid for one shot, after which the camera reverts to the default settings. To take another shot at other than default, he then has to change the settings again. It sounds very frustrating, not being able to make a series of shots at a custom setting. I am also not familiar with the camera, but if it is still under warranty, I would seriously consider returning it.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 8:59 PM   #4

On rereading, I think you are right brian. I had thought he could only make one change and then it stuck "forever".

Whichever way, it doesn't sound good.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote