Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 28, 2007, 6:59 PM   #1

Hello all,

I was wondering what kind of video editing software I should use. I have an Aiptek A-HD camcorder that I recieved on Christmas Day three days ago. The software bundled withthe A-HD (ArcSoft TotalMedia Extreme) does not let me edit or cut out certain portions of the video; instead, it is just black, with the video not being played.

With that said, I need a program that will help me edit my video. I already have software to burn DVDs.

PLEASE HELP ME! :?

--NewGuineaFan
newguineafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2007, 8:25 PM   #2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tyI-XtqSPSw5 min showing full program

http://media.putfile.com/total-50

Total (Arc soft) media

is a very basic program it is so basic, it can be overlooked and complicated atthe same time

Instructions show on right what to do.

your cuting tools are there whereyou startyour cut , mark in and then slide the left/right to where you want the video out and start in again. you mark in then hit Merge.

choose your video and in order to see it you must apply effect

it is a longer proccess but gets the job done. hitting the F1 key gives you the info below but not a pic

This area allows you to trim the beginning and the end of each video clip added to your project. You can also import video frames and use them as chapter thumbnails.

Standard playback controls can be used when trimming your video:

1. Use the preview controls (i.e. play/pause/forward/backward) to move to the beginning of the part that you'd like to trim.
    Note: For videos longer than 10 minutes, a "seek" bar will appear beneath the time bar to indicate the current position of the video. [/*]
  2. Click the "Mark In" button. [/*]
  3. Use the preview controls (i.e. play/pause/forward/backward) to move to the end of the part you'd like to trim. [/*]
  4. Click the "Mark Out" button to define the area to be trimmed from your video. [/*]
Note: You can remove multiple sections of a video by repeating steps 1-4.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 10:13 AM   #3

Did find the link to that product: http://www.arcsoft.com/products/totalmedia/?l=v

Might be a good one, but at eighty bucks I'd try a free one first. Window's Movie Maker comes with some versions of Windows and is a free download if you don't already have it.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 11:47 AM   #4

Also, the software has to accept .mov files.
newguineafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 12:45 PM   #5

BillDrew wrote:
Quote:
Did find the link to that product: http://www.arcsoft.com/products/totalmedia/?l=v

Might be a good one, but at eighty bucks I'd try a free one first. Window's Movie Maker comes with some versions of Windows and is a free download if you don't already have it.
The link provided is the total media 3 pkg, the total media exteme is catered to Aiptek, and is ver 1.03..... you may see it on Aiptek.com site for 2.99 will work on most formats

very basic editing and a player. Again catered to the Aiptek Go and A-Hd, super simple to use. and best of yet use a standard dvd disk, burn a blue-ray disk without paying top dollar. All I need was for Xmax was that blue-ray dvd player
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote