Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jan 7, 2008, 9:55 PM   #1

I saw this cool effect where someone took a panoramic photo of a swimming pool I used to go to , here's the link: http://ww1.tremblant.ca/virtual_tour...ool/index.html and I said "Hmph, cool" and went on. However, I recently bought an Aiptek camera and ordered a CD with software for it and it came with this program that stitches together the photos for you, so I thought I'd try it out. I'm going to be using the Aiptek A-HD for the photos.

I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on how to properly take these photos. I have a tripod.
freelancer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2008, 7:22 AM   #2

There is a forum further down the list that has all kinds of stuff about panoramas.

The best way to start out is to get out shooting and do some reading (mostly on the web). Start out simple: stitch two shots of a fairly distant landscape. Then move to two architectural shots - horizontal and vertical. When you figure out how to deal with two frames, the rest will fall into place easily.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2008, 2:41 PM   #3

its just a 360 pano made to play in a java applet

if the software u have generates a java applet then your ok. if not then u will need to get something else

make sure your tripod is level, most have sprit levels built in, shoot with plenty of overlap and see what you get, its also adviseable to use manual exposure at same setting over the entire range, but dont think your cam will do that, so u will just have to try one and see what comes out

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2008, 5:01 AM   #4

freelancer01 wrote:
Quote:
......it came with this program that stitches together the photos for you, so I thought I'd try it out.
Once you've taken everyone's advice (especially Bill's!) over shooting the pictures, there are many programs that do stitching, so don't necessarily just stick with the one you've been given.

The trial 'Autostitch' ( http://www.autostitch.net ) is wonderfully good fun, easy, and free. When that doesn't work, I use various other bits of freeware (mostly extinct) that will do the job, but with more trouble.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2008, 8:09 AM   #5

Alan T wrote:
Quote:
The trial 'Autostitch' ( http://www.autostitch.net ) is wonderfully good fun, easy, and free. When that doesn't work, I use various other bits of freeware (mostly extinct) that will do the job, but with more trouble.
WOW Alan, not to hijack this post, but Autostitch is fantastic! Thanks for that link.

Dennis
erutcip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2008, 1:36 PM   #6

<====== Video I made

This video I made is not a full 360 degree, it is about 5-8 pics and believe it or not that building blended the scene. you can zoom in/out with Quicktime, the one you shown LOL

Yes there are many programs out there. Mustek is another hybrid camcorder , and they include a pkgcalledUlead 360 Cool. Aiptek hmm not so sure they include anymore.

1 in order t o do a panaramic it is best to use a tripod

2 overlap all shots if a camera or camcorder does not have panaramic mode.

3 the program does the rest.

you can load up to a website etc.

I rememberat the beginning they had virtual walks and this was how they did them.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote