Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 1, 2008, 12:27 PM   #1

Hi Ya'll,

I was given a link to check my cameras actuations. JimC gave me this link http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/ and went there.. but when I went to Maker's Notes I didn't find the count showed up. I went surfing and found their support page and an example http://www.opanda.com/cgi-bin/anylog...p=1&page=2 go mid way down to find camera actuations? -- Karl K 2005-06-29 03:30 expand it to seepost fromAdministrator. He posted a picture in that site for newbies to go to the program and "see" the correct count he had on his counter which was 137.

Would it be possible for someone here to do the same? It would help others and myself out. I think I found the count for my camera shot but... it was near 27k. Geeze louise thats alot... so anyway.. anyone feel up to walking a newbie thru with a image and correct count? Hey it could be like a newbie test... let us post what we found ..then post the answer *rofl* :-)

never was good at tests tho
learning_mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2008, 1:25 PM   #2

Wahooo I found it.. There were two Maker's Notes.. the lower one was where its located. Doh

ouch.. I have used 19k ... should I start looking at plots for burials?

That link is cool to help others... Just remember there's two Maker Notes on the list and its past the ThumbNail...
Old Mar 1, 2008, 2:03 PM   #3
Administrator

Quote:
That link is cool to help others... Just remember there's two Maker Notes on the list and its past the ThumbNail...
Not for everyone.

You asked about shutter actuations for a Nikon D50. Here's the thread where I mentioned looking at the Maker Notes section in Opanda IExif:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...858600#p858600

That's not true for most other camera models (i.e., a Canon XT user won't find this information using IExif). The Maker Notes section is proprietary to each camera brand/model, and not all EXIF viewers are going to decode this information.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2008, 2:38 PM   #4

Awww darn ... ok well thanks for assisting me on it. Helped me out anyway.

Yer a treasure...thank you again!!!