Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 5, 2008, 12:02 AM   #1

Periodically I have found some links here others have passed on ... hope its ok to share one I found... if not.. kill the post. Just trying to help others like ya'll have helped me..

I just started learning manual mode and did some web searching.. I found this link. Looks like the guy has just starteda photography school online..It not just for DSLRs.. its free for now... only has beginners lessons up.. but well so far it looks pretty easy to comprehend ..visual aids and such...

http://www.michaelthementor.com

Another place for newbies for information on the web is http://www.YouTube.com

You can find anything explained there .. and some things you didn't wanna know or see... but i have found some videos showing how to clean the lenses or mirror and well just go and use the search engine... try several words like dslr or nikon and then follow the links...

anyone else know of some great links *preferably free* that way we can save for lenses & filters and accessories

Hope it was ok to pass it on!!! :|
learning_mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2008, 10:34 PM   #2

Looks like he is setting up a very nice web site for learning photography.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:19 PM   #3

howdy Calicajun

Yep that site has already taught me alot in two days... with the video part... when it don't sink in the first time ... I can hit the repeat and get it drilled into the noggin! Course I can't swear its going to stick... "leaky brain syndrome"

nice to meet you

oooo he has the Intermediate Lessons up now... wahooo im in training diapers now!!!!! we wont mention HOW many times I had to listen to the "fraction lesson" nope.. not going to mention that

learning_mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2008, 1:40 AM   #4

The site will come in very handy at my house, everyone in our house like to take pictures. So I'm sure we will put it to good use, as the wife and I are still learning after ..... well longer than I should say.:sad:My kids seem to have an eye for composition but this site should help them even more. That is if I can get my son off the video game and my daughter off of IM'g.:roll:
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote