Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 28, 2008, 1:59 AM   #1

When I use the spell check here at work any missed spelled words show up in red (just like in grade school) but on my home computer they show up as bold white text. How can I get my home computer to show missed spelled words in red?
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2008, 11:01 AM   #2

What software or program are you talking about?
PhotoFusion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2008, 11:10 AM   #3
Administrator

The wowBB software's text editor has a spell check feature when using Internet Explorer to enter posts (there's a button in the text entry tool bar somewhere for it).

Calicajun:

I try to never use Internet Explorer, and try not to use Windows anymore than I have to. So, I don't know what settings would impact spell check colors.

It's probably an option or font/color setting you've got different somewhere in either Windows or Internet Explorer that's making the spell check colors different between your PCs, as long as you're using the same forum Board Theme (under My Account>Preferences>Board Theme), and the board theme would be the same for the same Member Name (it's tied to your Member name, not your PC)

There are no separate user settings in the forums software for spell check colors as far as I know. So, it's probably a color or font setting in either Windows or Internet Explorer causing it to be different between two PCs.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2008, 5:00 PM   #4

Interesting. I have the same experience. One difference, I'm using IE6 at work and IE7 at home.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2008, 6:26 PM   #5

I was wondering what you were talking about - spell check. I use Netscape Navigator, and there is no option for spell check. So I tried IE...voila - spell check! I get blue font on the latest IE running Vista, and red font on an older version running XP. Knowing you is just like going to college, Calicajun!

Don't know where the white is coming from. Is the site background black on your computer, or white? Mine is white.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2008, 10:56 PM   #6

ac.smith wrote:
Quote:
Interesting. I have the same experience. One difference, I'm using IE6 at work and IE7 at home.
Now that's funny, that's same way with me too.

The spell check I was talking about is in Steve's reply box upper right corner "ABC".

I did just notice that there is a spell checker in IE 6 and it does work with Steve's forums, cool.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 11:16 PM   #7

Calicajun wrote:
Quote:
ac.smith wrote:
Quote:
Now that's funny, that's same way with me too.

The spell check I was talking about is in Steve's reply box upper right corner "ABC".

I did just notice that there is a spell checker in IE 6 and it does work with Steve's forums, cool.
I had reference to the site spell checker as well. Now, this is what funny - as delivered by Microsoft IE7 doesn't have a spell checker. If your IE whatever has one it's a third party add-in. In fact MS has a list of 3d-party add-ins and there is a spell checker listed there, ieSpell by Red Egg Software. I have just installed it and it works.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2008, 11:29 PM   #8

Now that I found (been shown) the IE spell checker I'm a happy camper now.