Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Sep 20, 2003, 11:33 PM   #1

Default first cam, Canon A70 or sony DSC P72?

Help!
I am at a dead even lock between these two cameras. I'm looking for a camera that offers a great movie mode with sound as well as great still picture quality. I know that the sony has the new vx unlimited movie mode, but I'm not sure how important this is to me since I will mostly be shooting clips under 30 seconds. If I get the canon, I'm assuming I can just shoot 30 seconds, then stop and shoot another 30 seconds, etc. etc.

Do both have the ability to have a cable connection to a TV to watch a slide show? I know the sony does, but not sure on the canon.

I do have a mac and it appears the canon has more mac native software. I also like the option to add on different lenses to the canon and don't know if the sony has this option.

I am planning on buying a faster charger, a 128mb card, and some NIMH batteries regardless of which one I get.

So what are your recommendations! Lets hear em!

Sony DSC P72 or Canon A70??????

Any help would be appreciated!
darloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2003, 12:33 AM   #2
RSD

WOW!!
thats the some decision i was trying to make like 3 weeks ago
i went with the canon cuz its $50 cheaper for me, movie movie has better quality, cf cards are ALOT cheaper than Memory stick, is more than a point and shoot cuz you can put it into full manual, and cant remember what else but ill post if i do 8)
RSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2003, 4:42 PM   #3

definately get the canon a70. its full featured, full auto and fully manual controls.

"Do both have the ability to have a cable connection to a TV to watch a slide show? I know the sony does, but not sure on the canon. "

yes, canon has a connection to your tv for video mode or viewing slides.

canon powershot a70
berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2003, 10:59 PM   #4

I have quite a few replies on my thread concerning best cam request running in Q&A. I am also looking at both cams in addition to A80 and LC33, LC43.
-- mrow
mrow is offline   Reply With Quote