Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jun 27, 2008, 3:33 AM   #1

I bought a Vivitar VivCam 10 on ebay. I received the camera and thats all. I finely got the drivers to load and device maneger recognizes it both as a still and a video camera. (dual mode DSC) and says they are working properly.
Now is when it gets interesting. Scanners and Cameras recognizes it but only as a still camera and in properties on that it says unavaiable. Windows live Gallery can't locate a device. I have uninstalled it twice & reinstalled but no-joy
I know nothing abought digital cameras and have gone about as far as I can go so help is what I need now
PorPorMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2008, 9:48 AM   #2

right itsa bit confusing what you wrote......u say you only got the camera suggesting u got no software, then you say you got drivers to load, so am thinking it came with a disk? with drivers.........you really need the software that should have come with the camera if windows wont see it, it should have been sold with Arcsoft Photo Impression 3.

i did some reading on the net and it only as internal memory, so u cant take card out and use card reader because there isnt a card.

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2008, 11:07 AM   #3

I'll clarify. I recieved just the camera. I had to buy the USB adaptor so the camera would conect to the computer. I didn't recieve any software. I went to Vivitor and got the drivers & manual-no CD. I installed the software and Device maneger recognizes the camera in both functions and says they are fully functional but in Control Panel-Cameras and Scanners-only sees a still camera and says it is not functional. If I go to the program to withdraw the photos from the camera-Windows Gallery- It doesn't see any comera at all. I have deleted the camera and the drivers then reloaded agian twice with no change.
I hope that clears things up for you.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 11:44 AM   #4

ok, so your missing the arcsoft photo software

if you have xp when u plug the camera into usb and turn it on, you should hear a noise through your speakers what lets you know xp as detected a usb device. look in my computer and there should be a new icon for a removable drive, i dont think itll show as a camera. if it shows a new drive, then all you need to do is open it and copy the images to you pc.

or (again with camera pluged in and turned on) open an image edtiting software, go to file/open/ and browse to your camera (removeable drive) and select what pics you want to open

you may have to select something on you cam to let it know you want to connect it to your pc, its normaly the same as when you want to look back at your pics on the rear screen

does the manual not give any insight into what needs to be done??

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:10 PM   #5

Windows sees a new USB device even recognizes the type, installs and says device is working properly.
It does not show as a drive.