Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jul 19, 2008, 4:32 PM   #1

Hi,

I recently bought the Fujifilm FinePix Z20fd and have been trying to install the FinePix Viewer software to transfer the pictures to my PC. I am PC literate and as far as I can see, it has installed correctly, but when I connect the camera to my PC, and the FinePix Viewer software opens up, I get a 'Folder Not Found' error, instead of the Save Image Wizard that should appear. My PC does recognise that the camera is attached.

Has anyone had this problem and/or knows of a solution, or anything I can try?

I can't believe how hard it is to try and find someone at Fujifilm to help. There is no separate FinePix Viewer website or technical help on the Fujifilm site, it's terrible.

Many thanks for any help

Chris
Krayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2008, 10:27 PM   #2

Chris,

Most of the FinePix Viewer complaints I've heard of were the result of computer error, or operator error - not a fault of the software itself. That may be why there is no help available on the Fuji site.

So now, the stupid questions...

1. Are there pictures on your camera/memory card?
2. If so, can you see them on your computer? Can you upload them to your computer?
3. What version of Windows are you running? Is that version compatible with your version of FP Viewer?

If you have pictures on your camera, and you can upload them to your computer, and your software version is compatible with your OS, then uninstall the FP Viewer and try to re-install.

Good luck.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2008, 7:46 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply Hun. Hehe

1) Yes, hundreds of photos on the memory card and some on internal memory too.

2) Nope can't see them, can't upload them. When I connect the camera to the USB port on thePC towerand switch the camera on, FinePix Viewer loads up but the main window is blank, it hangs for around 20 seconds, then the error pops up.

3) WinXP SP3 - it must be compatible with XP, whether it works with the newer SP3 is another question.

It's also worth noting that the FinePix Viewer software on the CD that came with the camerais v5.5.

I have uninstalled and re-installed several times, still with no joy

Thanks

Chris
Old Jul 22, 2008, 8:33 AM   #4

I too had issues with Fuji Fine Pix viewer and for the life f me never ever got it figured out. I never was able to get the raw editor to do it job either. I would not consider the problem to be reralted to me not knowing how to use it as I am very skilled at computers.

What I would suggest is that you use a memory card reader to upload your images and then use MS photo viewer that comes with MS Office for viewing your photos.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2008, 6:46 PM   #5

Chris,

OK, the questions weren't really stupid, just the guy asking them...let's try again...

...same questions as before (but I'll try to be a little less stupid)...

1. OK - you know the pictures are in there, but can you view the pictures on your camera...like all of them?
2. Forget about FP Viewer for a minute - just forget about it. Can you view the pictures (that are on your camera) on your computer, when it is connected to your camera via USB cable - without using FP Viewer? Go to My Computer (if that's what they call it on SP3)...is there a folder for a new removeable drive? Maybe it is called FinePix Z20fd? If so, if you open it up, are your pictures inside? If so, can you save that folder full of pics to your HD? If not, uninstall FP Viewer - don't re-install it, and see if you can view and upload your pics to your computer.
3. Check the Fuji site for support for your camera. Is there a driver or software update available that addresses SP3?

How are we doing so far?

the Hun

Old Jul 22, 2008, 7:12 PM   #6

Haha, ok!

1. Yes I can view all the pictures on the camera

2. No I can't view the photos on the PC in My Computer. There is a separate 'drive' called FinePix Z20fd but when clicked on, it's just blank, clicking refresh does nothing as well.

3. I have updated the drivers prior to posting the request, but I haven't yet found out if any work with SP3

Hope this helps

Thanks again

Chris
Old Jul 22, 2008, 7:40 PM   #7

"No I can't view the photos on the PC in My Computer. There is a separate 'drive' called FinePix Z20fd but when clicked on, it's just blank, clicking refresh does nothing as well."

It's not your FP Viewer, it's your computer. You should be able to view your pics on your PC when hooked up to your camera, independent of any camera software. I wish I had XP instead of Vista, so I could help you out...maybe I can remember. If you haven't already, uninstall FP Viewer (for now). Let's see if I can remember XP...has something to do with Autoplay...

Sorry Chris, but the key eludes me at the moment. Don't worry, I'll come up with something.

the Hun

Old Jul 23, 2008, 8:22 PM   #8

Chris,

Did you unisntall FP Viewer?

If so, connect your camera to your PC via USB cable.

Do you get a popup window asking you what do you want to do with your pictures?

If so, click on the open folder to view picture option...can you see the pictures? Anything?

the Hun

Old Jul 24, 2008, 4:11 AM   #9

Yep I've uninstalled and used the Windows software to transfer the photos to the PC. All photos transferred successfully, though I haven't tried to look at the Z20fd removeable drive in My Computer. I guess I'll not bother with FP Viewer now I know I can get the photos on the PC by other means.

Thanks very much for your help

Chris
Old Aug 20, 2008, 1:31 PM   #10

Hi Krayzee, did you get this problem sorted, orhave you decidedto just not bother with FinePixViewer?
Flying Gurnard is offline   Reply With Quote