Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Oct 28, 2003, 12:30 AM   #1

Default Lookin for New Camera

I have been researching for some time now and have heard this is the place to be. I am looking for a camera that will take good quality picture and I want something that will take about 150 or so pictures. I want it to be easy to download to the computer and also be easy to work with.

Please let me know any recommendations.

Thanks
82cwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 28, 2003, 3:36 AM   #2

Well, it would be great if you could add in other factors that you were looking for, say something in a definite price range. About the storage, almost anything today is only hindered by the amount of memory cards that you can carry along with you. Try reading about in Steve's reviews and try to read about the basics, then it might help you pick something that you really want, quite much more precise.
DarkThrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2003, 4:50 AM   #3

The sky's the limit on those requirements, from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars...the difference being quality of the pictures, to features like long zooms and fancy dSLRs. Most cameras appear on the computer as another drive letter, and all you have to do is copy pictures from the camera's directory to a directory on your hard drive using Windows Explorer.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2003, 9:54 AM   #4

Default More info

I understand where you are coming from however it has been a bit overwhelming when I don't know where to start. I would like to stay in the 200-350 price range. I don't know what all the digital camera jargon is? Can you give me some clues on a camera that takes pictures like 35 mm quality?
Old Oct 28, 2003, 9:54 AM   #5

Default More info

I understand where you are coming from however it has been a bit overwhelming when I don't know where to start. I would like to stay in the 200-350 price range. I don't know what all the digital camera jargon is? Can you give me some clues on a camera that takes pictures like 35 mm quality?
Old Oct 28, 2003, 10:49 AM   #6

Try reading the reviews of these cams:

Canon PowerShot A70
Nikon Coolpix 3100
Fuji Finepix 3800
Fuji Finepix S3000
Fuji Finepix A303
Sony CyberShot DSC-P72
Kodak EasyShare CX6330
Minolta DiMAGE S414

These cams come under or around $300, that should spare you some money left to purchase some better batteries and additional memory cards.

I added a few more to purchase an Olympus CAMEDIA C-740, it's got a nifty 10x optical zoom, and is a great outdoor camera! You might want to check that out also.
DarkThrone is offline   Reply With Quote