Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Nov 1, 2003, 8:51 PM   #1

Default Storage to cd for photo

I have a Sony Cyber Shot 717 camera and I am having difficulty in putting my pics onto a cd. My pics are jpg and I just can't seem to get the pictures to load onto the cd. Very unhappy and just can't get any answers as to what I am doing wrong. Help!!!!!!!!!!

Rhonda
rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2003, 9:08 PM   #2

Without telling us what you're doing, we can't tell you what you're doing wrong!

First thing is, you do have a cd burner, CDR or CDRW drive (this question is not to insult you, but some people buy blank CDRs and they wonder why their CD ROM drive won't write to them).

Second, what software are you using to write the pictures to the CDR; we might be able to find an online tutorial for you.

Any other information you might think of may be helpful.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2003, 9:45 PM   #3

[quote="Mike_PEAT"]Without telling us what you're doing, we can't tell you what you're doing wrong!

First thing is, you do have a cd burner, CDR or CDRW drive (this question is not to insult you, but some people buy blank CDRs and they wonder why their CD ROM drive won't write to them).

Second, what software are you using to write the pictures to the CDR; we might be able to find an online tutorial for you.

Any other information you might think of may be helpful.[/quo

DO HAVE CD BURNER.........PROGRAM I AM TRYING TO USE IS
"EASY CD CREATOR 4" BY ADAPTEC
rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2003, 8:22 PM   #4

If you are trying to move the image files directly from the camera to the CDR drive, the problem is probably that the USB interface between the camera and the PC can't keep pace with the data rate Easy CD creator needs in order to feed the CD ROM drive before there is a buffer underrun.

Try downloading your image files from your camera to your PC hard disk first (copy the files from the camera to the HD--don't use move command), then move the files from your hard disk to the CD ROM by draging them into Easy CD Creator and press create to burn the CD. The speed of the local PC HD and the interface to the CD burner will be fast enough to keep up with the CD burning data rate.
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2003, 1:14 PM   #5

Use your CD creation software to first 'Creat CD image'. This makes a perfect copy on your HD of what is going on to the CD before burning. Then when the CD is being burned with this image, data is more likely to be streamed continuously. DON'T do any other PC tasks or internet work whilst the burning software is running. VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2003, 1:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna
DON'T do any other PC tasks or internet work whilst the burning software is running. VOX
Try EndItAll2 from PC Magazine:

http://tinyurl.com/tn7r

It will kill all non-essential apps

(hint: run EndItAll2 prior to running your CD burning app)
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2003, 2:16 PM   #7

PrmseKpr, thanks I'll give that a whirl. I usually use Ctrl/Alt/Delete, MSinfo or a bit of Ziff Davis's software to disable startups.

I've found Norton Utilities System (memory) really handy for finding out what desirable (and little undesirable spyware ) progs are running and for getting photo-editing to run faster.

Recently had CDR backup probs in packet write mode, so I'll try this. VOX
Old Nov 4, 2003, 2:21 PM   #8

You're welcome
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2003, 2:37 PM   #9

This link's a bit more 'friendly':

http://home.ptd.net/~don5408/toolbox/enditall/