Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Nov 8, 2003, 3:29 PM   #1
Kat

Default Guess what, another newbie looking for guidance

:P Another newbie here to ask questions of those more experienced... I am an indiscriminate picture taker - that is to say I take lots and lots of pictures of lots of stuff that was really not worthy of my taking the picture. Thus the lure of the digital camera - immediate shoot and delete capabilities.

I want an easy to use camera with good picture quality for prints up to 8x10. I want a decent zoom for capturing kids and pets at play and maybe for some closeups of stuff for ebaying (to help pay for the new camera ) I also want a camera that will allow me to attach filters. And, I want it all for a low low price....well at least for the best price possible ($300-$500 range) I know there are some good 5MP cameras out there but the $1000+ price is way out of my league. Any good suggestions?

I have been doing some searching and I have read some good and bad about lots of cameras. How does the Kodak dx6490 or the Olympus c-750 compare to my needs? I have a difficult time judging just how much camera I really need. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Kat
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 8, 2003, 8:32 PM   #2

Kat

I have used both cameras and I do not believe you would be disappointed in either. My sister has the 6490 and she loves the ease of transfering the files with the docking station.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2003, 11:39 AM   #3

I think both cameras are great. You should now try to look at their extra expenses, like memory, batteries, and software, and see which you would prefer.
DarkThrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2003, 12:31 PM   #4

The disadvantage of the Kodak camer is that it uses a proprietary battery.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote