Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Aug 3, 2002, 9:31 AM   #1

Default accessories for Canon S330 elph

Hello,can anyone please advise me on where to purchase and what brand/model of the following items i want to buy....spare battery....CF card(128mb)........card read/writer...A.C.power supply(must be 110/240volt).They can be generic as long as reputable and safe to use especialy the power supply, as i dont want my camera going up in a puff of smoke ...just like to say what a good site this is....you swayed me into my choice of camera with your comprehensive reviews....it saved me listening to all those sales people waffle on and not knowing too much either!!!
kennethjervis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2002, 9:41 AM   #2

Ken,
Just going to comment on power supply, a/c adapters tend to be pricey an have never seen dual volt. might want to think about rechargeable batteries. seen some nice ones on other side of this site that you can get other power supply for charger for about $9. Check main site menu for assy, believe you can get good price on all.
Gary

http://thomas-distributing.com/index.htm

[Edited on 8-3-2002 by Gary Senkus]
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2002, 8:26 PM   #3

Default canon S330

Gary, Thanks for the prompt reply. I have only just won the camera on an E Bay auction for $335 plus s/h.( I can almost hear your mutterings of disapproval, but the same camera is $U.S.644 in N.Z. so a huge saving!!! the seller had a good feedback profile....or alot of friends!!!!) I am an english guy living in New Zealand so i wont be receiving it for a while, as it is going to an address in L.A...then onto me.. Anyway i found a site WWW.STERLINGTEK.COM which sells an 800mAH replacement battery for $24.99 (N.B.1.LH) also a 110/240 volt power supply (handy if your going overseas) for $29.99. ...not bad eh !!!!.as they seem to carry a good selection of extras we all need. Anyway Gary, i see that you spend a lot of time answering other peoples problems as your photo appears often so no wonder you cant get out on your bikes !!!!Good on ya.we all appreciate it . Thanks
Old Aug 3, 2002, 8:50 PM   #4

[quote]Originally posted by kennethjervis
Gary, Thanks for the prompt reply. I have only just won the camera on an E Bay auction for $335 plus s/h.( I can almost hear your mutterings of disapproval, but the same camera is $U.S.644 in N.Z. so a huge saving!!!

Ken,
Play the auctions myself, have gotten alot of high end items new and refurb for pennies on the dollar, watched egghhead go from a national chain to online to bankrupt. 40c to 42c, too hot to ride right now. Add a card reader to your list and life will be good. Canon makes a good product. Should get your camera quick, its downhill all the way to New Zealand.
Good shooting,
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2002, 9:25 PM   #5

Gary ...do you ever sleep ??? i have ordered a card reader, battery, 128mb card and power supply...will keep you informed on success or ..er failures. THANKS KEN.
Old Aug 16, 2002, 5:58 AM   #6

Default Power supply Canon S330 and othercameras

Received power supply(110/240 volt 50/60 hertz automatic switching for international use) , spare battery Dazzle CF card reader from www.sterlingtek.com and is all working well....arrived in 6 days by airmail to New Zealand so cant complain..check site as there is a good selection for various cameras.