Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 5, 2003, 1:27 AM   #1

Default posting?

How do I post a pic? I have one for the sports section but can't figure it out.
nailor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2003, 1:22 PM   #2

I just copied this from the FAQs section:

Quote:
Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML (if allowed).
Thus, you first need to post your photo at a Web site other than this one since the ability to upload a picture directly from your computer to this site isn't possible. Some of us have our pictures stored at our personal homepages, some of us have them stored at photo-sharing sites.

Once you've accomplished the above and you want to include a photo, you can either create a link to that photo by pressing the URL button, typing in the link, making sure to start it with http:// and then ending the address by once again pressing the URL button. People will click the link which will send them to the page where your photo is stored.

To include the image inside your post, you do the same thing as above, but instead of pressing the URL button at the start and end of the address, you press the Img button at the beginning and the end.

Before hitting the "Submit" button, you can press the "Preview" button to check on whether or not you did everything correctly.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't or something isn't quite clear, keep on asking. One or another of us will suddenly come up with the right words to turn on that light bulb for you. :idea:
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2003, 10:16 PM   #3

Default thanks

Thank You. I think I got . Hope it works!
nailor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2003, 8:51 AM   #4

I look forward to your (inline) photos.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2003, 9:54 AM   #5

Another thing that I do is to post the picture and test it with the preview button. If it doesn't show up in the preview, then I either structured it wrong in the post and gave the wrong address.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote