Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old May 31, 2010, 4:52 PM   #1
LEK

Default Please give me feedback on these photos - Panasonic ZS3

Hello. Just back from a trip to Big Sur and Monterey, I took some photos with my new Panasonic ZS3 and would love feedback, on both how the ZS3 did, and on how I did, photographically. Okay, here they are, thanks in advance:

LEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2010, 5:00 PM   #2

Pretty nice, but level the horizons! You can change the display setttings to show a grid. That will help.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2010, 7:23 PM   #3

Like Ordo-

The only fault I found was in the not so level horizons, which is easily adjusted in software.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2010, 8:35 PM   #4
LEK

I never realized I was doing that till you both pointed it out, now it's so obvious! I looked back at some of my old photos and it's there but more subtle. Pretty clear on these photos, I figure because there's no viewfinder to prop against my face. I'll try that grid to level the horizon on future photos. Thanks.
LEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:15 AM   #5

Your very welcome, Loren -

The Zs3 is working well for you. You can easily adjust the horizons in this series of photos and older photos as well by just downloading a free copy of Picasa from www.google.com. Picasa is a FREE, very easy to use photo editing program, where leveling your photos is a cinch.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Picasa is a FREE, very easy to use photo editing program, where leveling your photos is a cinch.
Just one head's up about leveling your photos -- what it does is change the size of the photo in any program with which I am familiar. The "gotcha" in that is that it may slightly change the aspect ratio. Why that is a problem is that photo print shops like SnapFish will allow you to select 5 1/3 by 4 (?) photo prints for those photos that have the appropriate aspect ratio. You end up getting back a bunch of 5 1/3 by 4 photos, with an occasional 4 by 6 thrown in of the prints you leveled. It's a real pain. If you go through and resize by hand the photos you leveled, you can avoid this. But it irritates me that the print houses do such a crummy job of letting you get prints of snapshots that actually go together. This varies with the shop, I'm sure, but the first time it happened to me it ticked me off. FWIW.

Last edited by tclune; Jun 1, 2010 at 10:52 AM.
tclune is offline   Reply With Quote