Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:15 AM   #1

Default How to number pics in the forum

Hi Chums,
Can anyone tell me please how do I put numbers next to my pics when I put them in the forum/
Also when I put on a few pics they go from side to side when they used to go up and down. Is there a setting so I can put it back as they were/
Thanks very much for any help.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
condorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:16 AM   #2

opps sorry, just wanted to change to e mail notification but looks like I have to write something. Bla bla bal. hope thatl do.

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:45 AM   #3
Administrator

The easiest way to do it if you want members to refer to photos by number when using the attachments feature here, is to use a new post for each new photo in the thread with the number in the post text.

The forums software is going to format the images (for example, one over the other versus side by side) to fit the browser dimensions.

So, if someone is using a lower resolution display, or has their browser window resized smaller, they may see the images one after the other. But, if someone is using a higher resolution display with their browser maximized, then the forums may display them side by side if they will fit that way.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:53 AM   #4

A haaaaaaaa, Thank you Jim,
I wondered why things were different on my laptop to my friends home computer. Ill give that a go with the new post each time. I'm sure I've seen it done all on one post though.
Much obliged for your help.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:58 AM   #5
Administrator

If the images are hosted on a site elsewhere (pbase.com, flickr, etc.), and you're just displaying them in the forums using IMG tags around them by putting [img] in front the link, and [/img] after the link, then you can number them before each photo in the same post.

But, if you are uploading the images to our servers using the Manage Attachments feature, then the forums software will place the attached images under the post text within each post. So, if you want separate text (numbering, etc.) for each of those images, it's best to start a new post for each one in the same thread.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:05 PM   #6

Mark, if you have your pictures hosted at another site, you can use the 'insert image' tag at the top of the message window. (next to the text characteristics), and put as many as you need, separated by text. We still have quite a few people who are using dialup internet, though, so take a little pity on them.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 3:43 PM   #7

Hi Jim,
Thank you for the explanation, I see what your saying. I will look into a hosting site as I do like the pics with numbers.

Hi Brian,
Thank you for the info. It never crossed my mind that some people are still on dial up, That would be a real pain for them if theres a lot of pics listed. Ill make sure in future I keep the numbers down.

Thank you Chaps for the help, much appreciated.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000