Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Nov 13, 2010, 2:06 PM   #1

Default FZ 35 shutter speed adjustment

I bought a FZ35 a couple of months ago.I have tried almost all settings but the blurriness in moving objects does nt go, and couldn't get the shutter speed to change.Can anybody help me out with it?
Fayyaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2010, 3:20 PM   #2

Try using the 'S' (Shutter Priority) setting so you can set the shutter speed directly (using the little joystick). Alternatively in 'P' mode, go into the settings and set the minimum shutter speed to be 1/30 or faster.

My early mistake was to fix the ISO at 80 which forces the longer shutter speeds. Also use the lowest f number you can (f2.8-4.4 depending on zoom). f8 reduces the aperture which reduces the light which again increases the exposure time.
MartinSykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2010, 4:09 PM   #3

Thank U Martin,I'll try that and then get back
Old Nov 14, 2010, 3:11 PM   #4

The camera doesn't go to shutter settings in the p mode
Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:13 AM   #5

Fayyaz what Martin is saying is the top Control Dial has P for Programme...A for Aperture...S for Shutter Speed...M for Manual...and so forth...you will have to dial it to "S" for Shutter Speed and Manually set it to minimum 1/320 of a second to even start the process of "freezing" motion in the photo...more than likely 1/640 will be the minimum required to get a clear blur free shot and for most folks we use 1/800 to 1/1250 for Birds that are in flight even higher/faster if the lighting allows...

What this will do is cause your photos to be very dark if there is not enough light available for this fast shutter speed...if that happens then you can increase the ISO which will degrade the image also...and/or increase EV...of course this is why they use Flashes on cameras is to enable the camera to "freeze" motion by providing enough light with the flash combined with a faster shutter speed to stop/freeze the subjects motion/movement...

Last edited by LTZ470; Nov 15, 2010 at 9:16 PM.
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2010, 2:53 PM   #6

Thanks LTZ470, will do and get back.