Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:57 AM   #1

Default Sanyo xacti vpc-2 internal memory full ..

Sorry people ,, but I have just run into this situation .. My camera stopped recording and said my internal memory is full.. I dont know what to do with this and the manual does not clerify this issue at all ..

I hope someone can help here .. I have tried resetting and formatting the internal memory and still if i try using camera it tells me the internal memory is full still .. what am I doing wrong??

I have been recording my bird feeder and having to change the battery every hour and empty card every five hours or so ,, and not had problems until today . .
Modesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:18 AM   #2

First, check to be sure you haven't inadvertently moved the write protect tab on the memory card to the locked position. Next, try removing the batteries and leaving them out for 24 hours. -the camera internal memory stores date/time/ camera settings, etc, and temporarily stores pictures before writing them to the memory card-
Some cameras can be reset after doing the above, by pressing the menu button when powering up the camera - if it is successful, it will have reset the date/time, and all else.
If none of this helps, try asking here:http://forums.steves-digicams.com/sanyo-33/

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:25 AM   #3

thanks Brian .. I failed to mention also that when i power it up ,, immediately voice states ,, storing to the internal memory ... I will try what you say ,,
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:26 AM   #4

perhaps it was because i had the camera set up outside on the tripod ,, it is very cold ... I missed some prime hawk footage.. was quite upset ..