Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 29, 2003, 9:45 PM   #1

Default steve's faves

i've read the sticky regarding "which camera should i buy.....". i have read many reviews and am still quite confused. maybe steve or one of the other senior members can give us some sort of "steve's picks" in various categories to help narrow our decision. i'm tellin ya i get more indecisive with each review i read.
lodingi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2003, 12:48 AM   #2

Don't overanalyze it. Find one that fits your budget and has some features that you're looking for, then go out and learn to use it and take some good pictures and enjoy it! Recognize that many of the negative comments come from peopler that didn't read the instruction book and wonder why the picture doesn't look like an Ansel Adams print.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2003, 7:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohenry
Recognize that many of the negative comments come from peopler that didn't read the instruction book and wonder why the picture doesn't look like an Ansel Adams print.
That is so true. I've read so many comments by people who it is obvious didn't take 30 minutes to even read the highlights.

Ohenry is right though. There is no perfect camera, just decide what features are important to you and scout for camera's that meet your criteria. I bought my firt digicam almost a year ago now and that is exactly how I settled on it. Although I wish I'd been able to spend more money to get a digital SLR, I'm still happy with my choice.
mdparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2003, 7:31 AM   #4

Steve has provided a list of his picks for 2003

http://www.steves-digicams.com/digin...tml#bestof2003
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2003, 9:08 AM   #5

thanks gib. that's exactly what i was looking for. i will start reading asap. thanks to all who responded. it's great advice. if i keep thinking about getting the perfect camera, i'll never purchase one. i'll be in research mode forever. lol.
lodingi is offline   Reply With Quote