Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Aug 20, 2011, 4:17 PM   #1

Default Lumix LX-5 EXTREME green issue

Hi all, total newb here to the forums, but need some help. Looked through the posts and didn't see anything that resembled my issue (have seen several posts regarding minor green casting and the such).

I just bought an LX-5 and just doing some initial test shots to get used to the camera (in my room), and am noticing something really scary in my shots - extreme neon green tearing/blurring/highlighting, whatever you want to call it, on areas of my shots consistently. What i'm noticing is that it is on areas of white surfaces and tend to be in areas where it is brighter. But it's not limited to that.

Would appreciate it if someone knew a fix/know if this is a known issue/or suspect that it's just my camera specifically. Any help would be appreciated as i haven't been able to find anything on this online at all.

Examples attached. Shot using the iA setting, same issue arises with flash or without. I heard it may be a white balance issue, but i tried adjusting the diff types of wb modes and none worked to solve this issue. Note that i'm a complete novice at shooting with this sort of higher end camera, but definitely this is not something i expect.
Attached Images

Makxsh1mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2011, 6:05 PM   #2

This looks very similar to the patterns which showed up on some 5MP cameras with Sony sensors, as the sensors started to fail. In that case it was a known issue and the sensors were replaced under recall. Since this is a new camera, I would return it and ask for an exchange. If bought locally, return it and see if they have another to test - both to find out if it is a problem specific to your camera, and to be sure the next one doesn't do the same thing.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:54 PM   #3

My guess is that it's a sensor problem. I guess there's a tiny chance it could be the memory card, but I doubt it (memory card issues don't usually look like this). In any case, return it for another one.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
My guess is that it's a sensor problem. I guess there's a tiny chance it could be the memory card, but I doubt it (memory card issues don't usually look like this). In any case, return it for another one.
Ya, i'm not even using a memory card yet at this point - was using the built-in memory just to test. I messed around and changed the focus setting manually (back and forth) and after that, it has been fine. I'll give it a couple more go's to see if it comes back again. Thanks for all the help so far.
Makxsh1mum is offline   Reply With Quote