Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Aug 14, 2002, 4:56 AM   #1

Default PLease help a novice!!

Ok
when i was in japan i bought a Sanyo DSC-X110 that uses Smartmedia cards. I took some shots and on a guys computer successfully loaded them on........back here in NZ i have just had a USB port put in my comp and am trying to use the SMRW Card Dock card reader to get the pictures onto my comp becuase i dont have a cable.........the software that came with the camera is in japanese and anyway i think i can only use it with a camera and a cable and not a card reader. The card reader came with some software called USB CFRW Support Soft Ver.100. I have installed this but it seems to be a program that does things inside the computer and doesnt show u on the screen...As u can see i am really new to all this. What i am trying to find out is where can i get or download a program that will get my pics from my smartmedia reader onto my comp and what would it be called....would adobe photoshop do this? Any help would be very much appreciated
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 14, 2002, 5:03 AM   #2

Slinky,
What version of windows are you runing.
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2002, 5:16 AM   #3

windows 98
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2002, 5:25 AM   #4

Slinky,
Couple of things, the Usb card is mindless install.
Installing USB devices MUST be step by step by device manaul, every one installs different. HHas to be by book, not like non USB that "windows has found...." does not work that way with most usb. WinME is the 1st friendly version of windows for USB, but 95B, 98 and 98se all support USB. If you did not do by book, uninstall then do by book.
dont forget to refresh browser when waiting for posts.
Good Luck,
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote