Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jan 24, 2004, 4:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Slipe wrote: For a telephoto shot the f2.8 on the FZ10 gives you a couple more f stops compared to the f8 on the Oly. So for the same lighting you would shoot at ISO 50 on the FZ10 you would need ISO 800 on the Oly if it would go that far.
Could somebody tell me: Why I cannot use the oly with F2.8, since I can adjust it.
robalrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2004, 2:13 PM   #12

[quote="robalrr"]
Quote:
[color=white]
Could somebody tell me: Why I cannot use the oly with F2.8, since I can adjust it.
I misspoke. The Oly will give you f3.7 at full tele just one f stop more than the FZ10 (slightly less). So a shot you could take at ISO 50 with the stabilized FZ10 would require ISO 400 on the Oly. You can only get 2.8 at wide settings on the 750 where the FZ10 is f2.8 for the entire zoom range.

You seem to have made up your mind before you started the post. The 750 is a nice camera. Buy one and get a good lightweight tripod.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2004, 12:26 AM   #13

As I have stated a few times already the Oly C 750 is a great lil' camera for what its made to do.
I have taken many shots at long zoom lengths without a tripod so perhaps you may not even need one.
I have never used the Panasonics so I can't debate the issues with you but I would recomend the 750 to you.
If you haven't already checked it out feel free to visit my site (deiota already listed the link,thanks for the "publicity" Deiota and check out my pics.
slickShooter is offline   Reply With Quote