Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jan 27, 2004, 5:46 PM   #1

Default white eyes

hi, what causes white (not red) eyes? how can i stop it? i'm STILL trying to shoot some decent basketball photos. in some of them the girls have totally white glowing eyes looking incredibly like aliens. unfortunately that is not the look i was going for.... :lol:
darlene
darlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2004, 6:37 PM   #2

Wow! The only time I've seen this phenomenon is in photos of animals. Who ARE these girls?! :shock:
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2004, 8:53 PM   #3

Flash, on a bracket 6 inches above camera.
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2004, 9:02 PM   #4

Default ok, ok

thanks, dale. guess i'm going to have to break down and buy that flash. well that's what credit cards are for, huh?
barbara, they ARE animals. just kiddin. just some "phenomenal" girls lookin to get a state championship this year!
thanks for your replies!
Old Jan 27, 2004, 10:06 PM   #5
hst

Default Try a redeye remover

Cowboy is right, its probably your flash reflecting off the eyes. I have seen this in some of my images. A good redeye remove tool will do the trick if you have some images you already took and you want to fix them. Some programs will let you select the color of for the existing red color and the area. Just mask the red area and choose the white color for the eye and replace it with black. It turns out looking good in the photos I have fixed. I personnally use Ulead Photo Impact but I'm sure there are others that do it the same way and maybe better
hst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2004, 10:23 PM   #6

yeah, i need good photo editing software. i used something (i think the software that came with the card reader) before on red eyes but it didn't recognize the white eyes as a problem?! need a flash AND a good editing program. $$$$$. Boy, this hobby isn't cheap!! Oh, and of course a good printer to print my pics, then i'll want a bigger and better camera............................................ ....................................... :lol:
Old Jan 28, 2004, 5:47 PM   #7

When I do get them (animals are worse than humans) I use PS and use the clone stamp. It is about the only thingI can work well in PS.
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote