Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Apr 12, 2012, 5:59 PM   #1

Default I need assistance with Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS digital camera

I have a brand new Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS digital camera that I am attempting to use for the first time. I purchased it June 13, 2010 from Amazon but, just now have time to start using it. Note: I had VISTA at the time of camera purchase...that computer died and Dell replaced it with a new one which has WIN 7. I am trying to install the Digital Camera Solution Disk on my PC. When I try to start the installation, I get a message stating "The screen resolution to execute Digital Camera Solution Disk is not sufficient". I am using Win 7. I have my resolution set on the highest "recommended" setting. What do I do now?

Is there a more current Digital Camera Solution Disk for Win 7?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
visbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2012, 7:39 PM   #2
Administrator

Hmm.....

You don't say what resolution your display is, and some software may require a minimum resolution to work (with 1024x768 being very common). For example, if you're using something like a netbook with 1024x600 pixels resolution, it's not uncommon for some software to refuse to install. The solution is to use a higher resolution external display to install the software in that case.

If your display resolution is sufficient, you may have a problem with the font sizes causing an issue.

I'd check your DPI settings and make sure they're not oversized so that they're causing a problem (reset it to normal temporarily and see if that solves it for you), as it's my understanding that the Canon software wants to make sure some of the text can fit on the screen and font sizes will impact it's ability to install.

See this page on DPI settings in Windows 7 (make your text smaller temporarily and see if the software will install):

http://www.recipester.org/Recipe:Cha...ows_7_25979243
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 9:57 AM   #3

Thanks so much Jim. Reducing the font size did the trick. You've been a great help. I'll be back with more questions I'm sure.

Visbaby
visbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:59 AM   #4
Administrator

I'm glad that worked for you. Thanks for updating us, so we'll know that solution works if someone else runs into the same issue.

We'll look forward to seeing you visit again. So, please don't be a stranger and join in the discussions as time permits.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote