Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jan 31, 2004, 5:31 PM   #1

Default Nikon Coolpix 8700

Anybody know if this one has been tested for photographic quality or not? I'm holding off buying my camera until I know whether this one is a contender or not. Anyone have a pre-release scoop?
hangloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2004, 5:44 PM   #2
Administrator

It's no doubt using the same CCD as the new Sony DSC-F828. We'll just need to wait and see if Nikon has managed to "one up" Sony in the lens and image processing department, using Sony's own CCD.

Unfortunately, you can bet that the major reviewers that have this camera are probably bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement). So, it's unlikely we'll get to see photos from it, until Nikon is ready for us to see them.

If the reviewers were free to release pics, they probably would have already done so (since we're already seeing some "previews" of this model).

Of course, I could be wrong (and the reviewers just haven't had the time to take photos yet for publication). In any event, I haven't seen any photos from it yet. Be patient. We'll see some very soon.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2004, 7:22 PM   #3
Administrator

Default Re: Nikon Coolpix 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangloose
Anybody know if this one has been tested for photographic quality or not? I'm holding off buying my camera until I know whether this one is a contender or not. Anyone have a pre-release scoop?

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_...nikon8700.html

We hope to have one with close to production firmware soon and will be able to post some sample images. The 8700 we have now we can't post images from per Nikon's request.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote