Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Feb 18, 2004, 4:15 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoultry
Does "Harleyguy" mean that you ride a Harley, used to ride a Harley, would like to ride a Harley, or is it just that one or another of your names is Harley?
In reference to your question, all of the above except for the name part.
I have a 2003 100th anniversary Heritage Springer. (Last year for that model) It's my 3rd Harley. Eagerly awaiting spring to get back On the road again........wasn't that a song I heard somewhere :?
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2004, 6:18 PM   #22

My husband's also a Harley guy. He has an older anniversary edition...whenever that was. Sometime in the 1970's. Also a Sportster. He bought the older bike with plans to bring it back to spec, then sell it. It now looks brand new, but I haven't noticed any great effort to sell it. :?
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2004, 6:16 PM   #23

Thanks! Altho I knew that rule, there aren't many others that I know, and I am here to learn. Keep the lessons coming.
Thinkinboutit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2004, 9:45 PM   #24

Quote:
My husband's also a Harley guy. He has an older anniversary edition...whenever that was. Sometime in the 1970's. Also a Sportster. He bought the older bike with plans to bring it back to spec, then sell it. It now looks brand new, but I haven't noticed any great effort to sell it. :?
My first Harley was a 1976 Sportster Liberty Edition (very rare like the 100th anniversary Heritage Springer) sure wish I'd kept that one. After the Sportster I moved up to the big twins, a lot better on the highway. I used to go up to the big Americade Rally at Lake George. Lots of fun but a long ride in the cold northeast springs.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 8:23 AM   #25

Quote:
Lots of fun but a long ride in the cold northeast springs.
It's not so bad for my husband since we live hardly more than an hour away from L. George. Maybe I should go with him this year. There've got to be some wonderful photo ops during the event. Harley riders tend to be extreme individualists and also older, which means I could capture so much character in their portraits. Yes, I think I'll go this year.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 9:20 AM   #26

Quote:
It's not so bad for my husband since we live hardly more than an hour away from L. George.
Many moons ago, I spent 9 months in Saratoga Springs. I remember driving by Lake George. I remember it well, because it was the first time this Florda born and raised boy ever saw a truck use an iced over lake as a parking lot.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2004, 10:04 AM   #27

Quote:
...ever saw a truck use an iced over lake as a parking lot.
When there's a good layer of ice, the village holds entire racing events on the lake. I'm too wimpy about the cold winds that blow in the Adirondacks to stand there and watch such craziness.

When I was a kid, the mighty Hudson River froze over too solid for the Coast Guard's boats to cut through the ice, and people from the towns on both sides of the river came out to skate on it. You have no idea what kind of sound is produced when the tide comes in beneath the ice. At ten years old, I heard that sound, watched a crack in the ice shoot a zigzag path right in front of me, and I burst into tears. My father had to carry his daughter to shore because rigor mortis had set in.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 7:47 PM   #28

[quote="bcoultry"]
Quote:
There've got to be some wonderful photo ops during the event. Harley riders tend to be extreme individualists and also older, which means I could capture so much character in their portraits.
The real photo ops are at Sturgis!
It's been quite a while since I went to either. The Sturgis trip was 5,000mi long and lasted a month. A long way on a Harley and camping. Too old for all that primitive camping now, especially after 10 to 12 hours in the saddle. Nowadays the trips are a lot shorter. My lady friend starts to complain after a couple of hours, which is ok because by that time I'm ready for a break too. Well we've sure blown this thread to bits.
Old Feb 21, 2004, 9:53 AM   #29

Quote:
Well we've sure blown this thread to bits.
We most certainly have. Private message on the way.