Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:47 PM   #1

Default HD Video and *.MTS files

Forgive my ignorance, but have a Panasonic ZS7, does most of what I want it to do, but have never tried to use the HD Video feature untill today. I just got home and figured out how to download the *.MTS files to my computer, but can't open or play them. I've never done anything with digital video before. What do I need to do to play and edit these?
JDBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2013, 8:44 PM   #2

Your camera should have come with software which installs the necessary codecs to allow you to play the videos. I use Media Player Classic, and just checked it to find it does list this file type.
Editing is another matter, and is dependent on how involved you want to get. For really basic stuff, such as cutting sections and combining clips, I use Freemake Video Converter, which can convert formats, burn to DVD, etc.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTphotog View Post
Your camera should have come with software which installs the necessary codecs to allow you to play the videos. I use Media Player Classic, and just checked it to find it does list this file type.
Editing is another matter, and is dependent on how involved you want to get. For really basic stuff, such as cutting sections and combining clips, I use Freemake Video Converter, which can convert formats, burn to DVD, etc.

brian
The camera came with QuickTime, wich does not recognise this file type, and PHOTOfunSTUDIO 5.1 wich won't even display these video files in the folder, and does nothing when I go to folder options, create an association with the file type, and try to use the program to open the file.
JDBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2013, 2:13 PM   #4

Most likely, the folks in the Panasonic/Leica forum lower down on the page would have some advice, and experience with the camera.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote