Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 5, 2004, 12:35 PM   #1

Default Canon A60 x Toshiba M700

Hi,

I have a Canon A60, but I have an oportunitie to sell my A60 and buy a M700. What do you think about this?

I don't think 3MP is important, then I don't know which one is better... Could you help me?

Thank's in advance.
Sorry for the bad english
Bruno Fontes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2004, 4:29 PM   #2

It depends on what you may use it for. If you need 10x zoom, although i prefer an Oly, M700 can be a good decision. But other wise, I don't think Toshiba can ever reach to the picture quality of Canon, even with a Canon lens on it.
iason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2004, 7:15 PM   #3

It comes down to what features are important to you and how well those features perform both camera has some features the other doesn't and compareable performance for those they share. The zoom difference is obviously one of the major difference but only scratches the surface as these two cameras are in two totally different classes.

So the first questions to be answered are: What would you be using the camera for and what features are important to you?
Gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2004, 7:05 AM   #4

I try to take all kinds of pictures, then all the features are important to me! :shock:

I love to take macro photos and landscape pictures at night, then it's difficult to decide one of them...

The M700 would cost US$50 more, but with a 256MB SD card already included against my 64MB CF card...
Bruno Fontes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2004, 7:32 PM   #5

I own the Toshiba and am happy with it but have never played with the Canon so can't compare directly. For the Toshiba you can use it as a p&s in good lighting conditions but must use manual settings for good results in low light, you'd also need a tripod to make proper use of the zoom. I could go on and on with the differences but probably easier is this: If you goto the following link you can download the owner's manual (pdf format) for the Toshiba and get a much better idea about the camera.

http://www.toshiba.com/taisisd/isd_s...c/dscpdf.shtml

Keep in mind that with the 1.10 firmware update the camera does have manual focus although it is not documented in the orginal owner's manual.
Gman is offline   Reply With Quote