Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 12, 2004, 10:20 PM   #1

Default so i want my first digital slr

can anyone tell me what i should be looking for, i can only spend about $1000 and i'll need a lens, but i do NOT want the canon digital rebel, my friend has one and i just do not like it, i think it looks and feels very cheap. i was thinking of the 10d, d70, or d100, or if they are still decent, a 60d or even 30d, do you guys think i could get any of these for around $1000 with lens or cheaper without so i can afford to buy then lens seperate?

do any of you know of any really cheap/wholesale website where i could get this under retail?

let me know.

by the way, from what ive looked at, the canon 10d looks to be my favorite choice so far.
mumford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2004, 9:12 AM   #2

You won't get a new 10D or D100 for that money, and that is without a lens. You might get a D60 or D30, I don't know. The D60 had some focusing problems in certain situations, but I don't know what they were. I would read up on that before getting one.

You might be able to get a used 10D or D100. I don't know.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2004, 10:40 AM   #3

HOLY CRAP! i won a d10 on yahoo auctions for $625, it says its factory refurbished but good as new, i hope though that this is not one of the many new scam artist on ebay and yahoo who put up auctions, give false names for western union or some other money program, receive the money and never send the product they never had. this SEEMS legit though, the guy is allowing yahoo pay direct or paypal, which are pretty secure payment plans.
mumford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2004, 1:25 PM   #4

I wouldn't touch an ebay western union thing with a 10 foot poll. I'm not a fan of paypal, but that is more because of paypal than of scams of how people use it..

With a spare $375 you can get a fairly good lens (as long as it isn't telephoto.)

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote