Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 23, 2004, 3:16 PM   #1

Default Two cameras, one pc

Hello people.
I'm very new to digital cameras and am about to ask what is probably a stupid question. Is it ok to install two cameras on one pc. I wondered if there would be any conflicts. Thanks to all replies.
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2004, 3:29 PM   #2

I have three currently on my computer. Even though they are different brands two of them use the same USB connector. There are no conflicts at all.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2004, 3:36 PM   #3

Thanks slipe. I got my wife a camera for her birthday and i was impressed with it as it only cost 100 for a canon powershot A60 so i am thinking of getting one for myself. I just wanted to be sure that there wouldn't be a problem. Thanks again.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 3:42 PM   #4

I've got software from Nikon, Minolta, and Kodak all on my PC with no conflicts. I usually just connect via USB and do the transfer without using the vendor's software anyway - so they all look the same to my PC.
cczych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2004, 4:58 PM   #5

I currently have a Canon G3, a Canon Digital Elph S230 for my wife, and an HP Photosmart 230 for my 4 1/2 year old son. I have yet to run into a problem with the HP, Canon, and Kodak software and appropriate drivers installed along with the drivers for 2 scanners

Since you are looking at another A60, you should really have no problem as the operating system will not see each camera individually unless you have both connected at the same time (not good idea; it will confuse the heck out of Zoombrowser); it will just think that you have connected the camera.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2004, 9:02 AM   #6

I was actually thinking about the A80 but from what you all say i don't think there will be a problem. Thanks for the help everyone.