Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jun 13, 2002, 11:09 AM   #1

Default Olympus c-3040 Viewfinder Out of Focus

I just recently purchased a Olympus c-3040, because the 4040 is out of my budget. When I first brought my camera home, i could focus things clearly in the viewfinder. Now, when I try to focus, the picture will be in focus in the middle, but not around the edges. I have played with the diopter to get a specific setting, and still with the best I can set it at, it's a little blurry. Sometimes, it even looks like it has a slight "glaze" all over the viewfinder. I am extremely new at digital cameras, my last one was a Kodak 3200. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or could clue me in on what else it could be? Also, if you look at the picture on the screen on the back and not thru the viewfinder, it is perfect. When I view the pictures on my computer or tv, they are also fantastic. Please let me know if there's something I can do to rectify this. Thank you!

[Edited on 6-13-2002 by chort1313]
chort1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2002, 12:40 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally posted by chort1313
I just recently purchased a Olympus c-3040, because the 4040 is out of my budget. When I first brought my camera home, i could focus things clearly in the viewfinder. Now, when I try to focus, the picture will be in focus in the middle, but not around the edges. I have played with the diopter to get a specific setting, and still with the best I can set it at, it's a little blurry. Sometimes, it even looks like it has a slight "glaze" all over the viewfinder. I am extremely new at digital cameras, my last one was a Kodak 3200. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or could clue me in on what else it could be? Also, if you look at the picture on the screen on the back and not thru the viewfinder, it is perfect. When I view the pictures on my computer or tv, they are also fantastic. Please let me know if there's something I can do to rectify this. Thank you!

[Edited on 6-13-2002 by chort1313]
This might be a stupid question but, has you tried cleaning the view finder?
I'm not too sure on how to do that, but I think one of the regulars here can fill you in on some info ;-)
bmecoli is offline   Reply With Quote