Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old May 3, 2004, 8:36 AM   #1
NUT

That's a good question. I have no idea what to choose. I do have money limits (I'm based in the UK) and within my budget I can see myself getting 1 of the 3 following (maybe only 2 of these choices in reality) The Olympus C750UZ OR Olympus C5000zoom. They are my most likely choices. The canon powershot S50 Too is a possibility but the store where I do plan to buy a camera from doesn't seem to have any memory cards for canon cameras. Out of the 2 Olympus Cameras (Both same price by the way) which one would give me least trouble better picture quality so on. I've also noticed some people seem to say the C750UZ Has lens problems (whatever that means)
NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2004, 12:35 PM   #2

Quote:
They are my most likely choices. The canon powershot S50 Too is a possibility but the store where I do plan to buy a camera from doesn't seem to have any memory cards for canon cameras.
The Canon Powershot S50 uses Compact Flash. That is a standard. So don't worry about getting a "Canon" CF card, any CF card should work with it.

I haven't used any of the cameras you list, so I can't comment on which would be better for you. You might mention what you will use the camera for, though. Like buying a car, you said "which car is best for me? I like the Ford Explorer, but the BMW Z3 has comfortable seats... and lets not forget that Ford F150" Those cars are for different purposes... without telling us if you want to hall loads, hall kids, or hall a** we won't be able to help you.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2004, 3:14 PM   #3

Take a look at the Panasonic DMC-FZ10 - 12x optical zoom Leica lens with Image Stabilization, f 2.8 across whole zoom range. You can do handheld 12x zoom with this camera (or higher with attachments). Sale price $499.99 at Vanns.com.

There is a Panasonic forum here at Steve's, another with lots of photos at

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1033

Also lots of photos at pbase.com (go to the Cameras database).

There is also a 2mp model (DMC-FZ1) which costs about $250.

Carolyn

CarolynS is offline   Reply With Quote