Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old May 15, 2004, 10:45 PM   #1

Please help me with my decision

I realize hiow the pixel rating work and everything, but don't know much about digital Camera's. I have been wanting one for a long time, and am going to this year's United States Grand Prix at Indy and so I'm wanting one now. I have narrowed it down to these two Camera's.

The S500($500) has the digic chip, and foucu technology that focus on the item, not on the center. But the Kodak DX4530($299) has their "Color Science Chip", which from their literature seems to be their version of the Digic chip, and the Kodak also has the tech to focus on the item, not on the center with multiple focus points. The man advanages of each, as I see it is that the Canon seems to have a better reputation in DC's, and the Kodak can record a movie as long as it's memory permits(up to 60 minutes), while the Canon can only take a few minutes of footage. I don't need 60 minutes, but it'd be cool just to have the ability.

Althouh I don't knowmuch about Dc's now, I'm willing to learn, and am wondering if the 200 price hit for the canon is worth the extra manual features also. Thnaks in advance for your help!

SnakeEyes325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2004, 9:31 AM   #2

never mind guys, I picked up an Olympus C-60 Zoom on Sunday.
SnakeEyes325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2004, 10:06 AM   #3

Glad we could help. :-)
frontier02 is offline   Reply With Quote