Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old May 30, 2004, 2:30 PM   #21

I still don't know what tothink of it. I've been out with the camera today and took some photos of boats on the canal which have plenty of sky in them and there's still nothing like this shown up. This is the only shot out of about 450 taken that has anything in it. I still don't think it looks like a bird or a bug.
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2004, 2:50 AM   #22

I suspect it's one of the newer stealth jet aircraft, but there indeed have been plenty of legitimate UFO's photographed in recent months. I've photographed some myself.

The reason I think it's a jet is the small white jetstream "streak" behind it. Typically a UFO doesn't leave such a contrail.

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2004, 4:35 AM   #23

Lin Evans wrote:
Quote:
I suspect it's one of the newer stealth jet aircraft, but there indeed have been plenty of legitimate UFO's photographed in recent months. I've photographed some myself.

The reason I think it's a jet is the small white jetstream "streak" behind it. Typically a UFO doesn't leave such a contrail.

Lin
Lin, have you seen any that look like this. Can you show me some of your photos. :-)

Old Jun 1, 2004, 9:12 AM   #24

Quote:
Lin, have you seen any that look like this. Can you show me some of your photos.
I haven't seen a UFO or photo of one which left a contrail which leads me to think that you photographed a stealth fighter (black color).

Here's a link to the only photo I've taken in recent years with a UFO (actually three of them) appearing in it. In this one I was testing a Sony F828 for purple fringe by photographing the tops of one of our aspen trees. If you look high in the sky to the right of the tree top you will see disc shaped objects. The one on the far left as you view it is most distinct, the middle one is in a "wobble" state (fairly common in observance) an the one on the far right is almost a "streak". Files size is about 3.5 megabyte.

In the photo are some power line cables, the setting moon, tops of some mountain peaks and my neighbor's roof.

Lin

http://www.lin-evans.com/ufo/ufo.jpg
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2004, 9:58 AM   #25

Lin, whatever they are in your photo they're a lot clearer than mine. You said that the one in my shot could be a stealth jet but who would make a jet shaped like a ball. Since i took this shot i've been reading about ufo's on the net and some reports are about spheres which vary in size and colour, some with trails and some without. Unfortunately most of the photos are taken at night and it's hard to tell what they are.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 10:35 AM   #26

Jack Russell-

Now you understand how a serious question can rapidly desolve into something else very quickly. HeHe.

Seriously - find a clear blue sky and take a few shots. Zoom in tight on your computer and scan the shot (s).

I have on many occasions scratched my head over the same type of shot. With the camera model you have, their is no chance for dust falling on the sensor, another reassuring feature.

Without exception the "dodgey" pixel just isn't !!

Canon glass is very good, and many, many times I've had birds in the distance, or some small flying insect, or even aircraft be the "guilty" party.

Don't sweat the small stuff - and this is small stuff in your case.

Good shooting
Setiprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2004, 3:39 PM   #27

Setiprime, thanks for the reassurance on my camera. I'm convinced that my camera is fine as no other shots have anything in them. :-)