Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jun 16, 2004, 12:29 PM   #1

I have an appx. 3 month old Fuju S3000 3 MP camera. I like the feature set and am happy with the results when I shoot outdoors. Shooting indoors though...with or without flash and in fairly well lit rooms I often get blurred output if I shoot by hand. My hands are pretty steady I think and I try to take some time but can't really correct it without a tripod. Even then some come out bad if there's any motion. I know light is a big factor, but I'm curious if there's a better camera in this price and feature range that might work out better? I've looked at the Canon A75 and a couple others and don't have a problem replacing my own...but I don't want to bother if I'm like to have similar issues on other comparable cameras. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
timantheos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2004, 1:56 PM   #2

Are you using the flash for the indoor pics? How far away are the subjects? You can not change the ISO settings on this camera. If the subjects are not within the flash range of the camera, then you will continue to obtain poor quality pictures.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 3:42 PM   #3

Besides what gibsonpd3620said being true:

Unless you are going to change cameras to a model with an Image Stabilization (Anti-Shake) feature, you will continue to have the same problem. I used a tripod for 98% of my photos due to bad hand shake (compressed spinal disc's #'s 4. 5. 6 & 7). I even used it fom most of my images taken with an Olympus C2100UZ & it had Image Stabilization. (I now have the Minolta A1 & I have found it's Anti-Shake to be much better than anything else I have used...Yea freedom)!

Other alternatives are a mono-pod or the chain-attached-to-a-tripod-quick-release on the bottom of your camera. Works great, just drop the chain to the ground, step on it & pull up to tighten it to the level you want & then press the camera to your face for a 2-point steadying system.

Old Jun 16, 2004, 3:42 PM   #4

I've tried with and without the flash. Sometimes the flash helps, but sometimes at the expense of over exposing everything. But often even the flash doesn't help. Targets aren't too far away 4-8 feet usually.
timantheos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 4:42 PM   #5

Can you attach an example picture (or a small part of one) to this thread? That way we can get a better idea of the problem.

It's probably just that the shutter speed is too low. The only solutions are (in order of chance of working) get a higher shutter speed (user a higher iso or larger aperture orget more light),use a tripod or get a camera with image stabilization.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote